Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Beautiful Morning!

Nice to see steady sunshine again. Yesterday I kept hoping and waiting for it to really burn off for keeps, but that really didn't happen until late afternoon, and even then we may have had a shower or two after dark. Today looks like a winner, though.

Here's something to mark on your calendars if you are at Joe's Pond -

Cabot School Bottle Drives to benefit the Marine Biology students going to Belize in April 2011:  July 11, Sept. 5, Nov. 28, Jan 2, and the weekend after the Super Bowl.    If anyone would like me to come get bottles on off-dates, call me 563-2488.  Or if people would like, they can leave bottles in front of my garage at 936 West Shore Road.
Thank you. Helen Morrison
I had a neat photo arrive from a friend in (I think) Keene, N. H. I met John at the funeral of our friend who died in York, Maine a few weeks ago. He was a relative of her husband who had been previously married to one of my aunts, and I gave him photos of some of his family I'd known long ago, etc., etc. You know how those things go - sometimes it's a really small world. Anyway, he then put me in touch with his cousin Kevin who lives part-time in York. Long story short, here's the picture John sent to Kevin and me. This restaurant in Swanzey, near Keene, NH rents the crab for advertising . . .

Kevin responded saying that last Thursday a small tornado went through York and took out some very old oak trees near his home there and a bunch of utility poles. No damage to his place, but he said his wife is busy clearing what she can and he will be home soon to finish up the big stuff. He has a charter boat business in the Bahamas during the winter months.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...