Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unfortunately, one of our Joe's Pond Association signs has been damaged - again.

Evelyn and Ray Richer put the sign out yesterday, with the lovely top that Evelyn had carefully repainted this past winter in place, and last night someone either got drunk and rammed into it or intentionally damaged it to get the top. At least, when Fred took pictures a few minutes ago, the top was not there. However, we hope Ray Richer, who was first to report it this morning, found the top and has it safe. As you can see, one post is broken. Except for scrapes and leaning backwards, it is otherwise unharmed.

It's too bad that people aren't more responsible. If it was an accident, whoever did it should come forward and let us know. If it is vandalism, I think those responsible should get a life. I can't imagine what possible satisfaction there is in damaging and stealing others' property.

Tom and Camilla Dente are here for a few days to open camp. I was sorry to have to report vandalism to Tom when he'd just arrived, but as president of the Joe's Pond Association, I knew he'd want to know. I sincerely hope someone will come forward and let us know what happened.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day here at Joe's Pond. I've been at my computer all morning, but will try to get outside this afternoon. It's perfect weather for working in the garden and cleaning up winter's damage to trees and structures.

First, we'll have some lunch - without all the goodies we had yesterday, and I must say, today's menu won't be nearly as exciting as yesterday's!


1 comment:

Pat Parizo said...

I agree that it is very sad that anyone would intentionally damage something that so many people care about. Ray and Evelyn have spent a lot of time and effort for the sign.
I agree that it was a beautiful day at Joes Pond. George and I opened the cottage today and are looking forward to a good summer. It was good to be back even though we can not stay full time due to other commitments for a while.

Pat parizo

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...