Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ok. Just a brief blog tonight - I am really hungry and Fred probably is, too. I haven't even had time to check with him. He was busy all morning with recycling and helping out a neighbor who had computer and TV problems, and I was busy doing catch-up stuff after being away for most of the past two days. Then this afternoon has whizzed by with both of us working on our computers.

You'll see there's a new comment on yesterday's blog - I don't know who Tammy is, but I thank her for her kind words about the blog. I hope she'll get in touch once she has moved to the area. It's such fun to finally meet people in person who have gotten in touch through the web site or blog. In answer to your question, Tammy - Jane and Garey Larrabee went to Bently's perhaps this past weekend for breakfast and said it was very good. We'll be stopping in soon, I hope. The problem is finding the time right now . . .

I've been researching some questions Andy Rudin had about the statistics I posted about Joe's Pond - literally years ago, and hadn't paid any attention to since. There were a few things out of whack and I'm in the process of changing that, so thanks to Andy for bringing it to my attention. We very much appreciate it whenever someone notices we've goofed when posting something. My friend, Diane Rossi, reminds me now and then (when I goof!) it's only people who never do anything who don't make mistakes.

Another friend sent me this today and I got a chuckle out of it: This supposedly was a letter to the editor of a mid-western newspaper written by an ex-Navy man: "I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending like a drunken sailor. As a drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money."

Liz Randall sent this slide show of her garden. Liz and John were just here for a few days and saw the pictures I posted yesterday of the Burlington area. Here's what she said:
According to your photos I guess Burlington looks a lot like Long Island this time of the year...Springtime is a month earlier than Cabot...
Walked around the yard and took some pictures of a few flowers and trees in bloom - some past bloom and some hadn't bloomed just yet....Different world down here on Long Island... of course I took some pictures of Riley, too! Liz
Slides

Thanks, Liz - I can't wait for my garden to begin to show color like yours! It'll be a few weeks, I think. I'd like to get into the woods to see if there are any Mayflowers yet, but haven't had a chance. I think I need to make time, not just try to find time to do these things.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...