Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here is another link about the Lake Dunmore contest: Dunmore Contest

Our snowstorm has nearly stopped, but here is a picture of our lawn a few minutes ago, and I have about an inch of snow in my precipitation collector. It's been a while since I've been able to report anything except receding snow depth.

We spotted a couple of crows waiting out the storm in the top of a tamarack (or maybe a dead spruce, hard to tell with the snow coming down) a few minutes ago. They, and lots of other species, have been busy following the urges of spring for the past couple of weeks, so this may be a dismaying setback for them.

The snow is stopping now, and the "peeping tom" is reading 36 degrees. I don't know if the snow has or will change to rain here, but that's possible. At lower elevations I'm sure it was rain earlier.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...