Wednesday, January 27, 2010

To Joe's Pond Association members: This afternoon I sent a message to all members for whom I have an e-mail address. It was to alert members about the poll we're conducting from home page on the web site to learn your wishes for the year-end meeting next summer. If you did not get the e-mail, sent from JPWebmaster.com, that means I don't have a good e-mail address for you, and in that case, I'd appreciate it if you would contact me so I can add your address to my address list. I promise I won't clutter your mail box with nonsense, and I won't give your address to anyone; I only use the list for important stuff like reminders of upcoming JPA events or urgent news - although I did send off seasonal greetings in December . . . !

Anyway, we hope you'll voice your opinion by making a selection or writing a comment on the form Fred put up for us. You can access it easily from home page - it's the pretty red ribbon, you can't miss it! Votes are already coming in and lots of comments and suggestions, too, so take a minute and add your voice.

Thank you, JPA Members. Keep warm, safe and smiling!

*****

Our weather is going to change radically in the next few days. It's going to be COLD - below zero again - an altogether too quick turn around from the above freezing weather of the past few days. We've had a little snow, but need more to cover the bare spots left by the rain. There are no bare spots on our side of the pond, but on the Rt. 15 hillsides we could see quite a bit of bare ground where the afternoon sun keeps the snow pack down.

I came upon a neat photo today in some of the Cabot Historical Society t
hings I'm working with. I don't have a clue whose house it is or who the people are. Nothing written on it, but perhaps someone, sometime, will know. It is from an old stereoptic, but is actually pretty clear, considering it's well over 100 years old. Click on it to see it better. I'm not sure what they were doing - the man on the far right seems to have a scythe over his shoulder; the others may have shovels or sticks. Maybe they were just needed props literally, to prop themselves up since it sometimes took a long time for photographers to get their equipment set up to take a picture.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...