I want to share with you this note from JPA President, Tom Dente:
Jane,
It is so sad to see the passing of such a great person. Barbara Smith was one of the great contributor’s to her current and the modern Joe's Pond with her can-do attitude and her involvement in many activities. She was instrumental in the Italian Dinner and so many other fundraisers. She fully captured the spirit of Joe's Pond by her support of the Sailing races and the Caledonian Cup that she awarded each year. A wonderful person who only comes along every 50 years or so, she will be missed.
Tom
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment