Thursday, December 24, 2009

Well, here we are, Christmas Eve already. It seems only a few days ago I was thinking there was plenty of time to get everything done. I did pretty well, but there is always that last-minute flurry of things that need to be done.

We are expecting our family here this afternoon. We are gathering a little earlier than normal so we can call Bill, Monika and Jo-Ann in Namibia to wish them Merry Christmas. I noticed last night the temperatures there are still in the 100 degree range. Bill says even with low humidity and a nice breeze, it's still HOT. They'll get cooled off when they arrive back in Vermont . . .

We actually have temperatures in the 20's today and it's a relief to have it not so
bitterly cold. We haven't had much snow in the past few days, maybe a couple inches, but there's more coming perhaps this weekend. Or maybe it'll be rain. No matter, it sure looks Christmasy here, so what more could we ask!

I don't have much time to write today (the kitchen is calling me), but will be around tomorrow, perhaps with photos.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...