It was such a nice afternoon, we went to Littleton to do some errands. It was still cold when we left home, but when we got to Littleton, it seemed much warmer. The day did warm us some, but I don't think we got into the 20's as was forecast. By the time we got home, around 4 p.m., the sky was clouding in and it looked as if it might snow any time. I haven't looked out tonight to see if it's started yet, but I think by morning we should have some fresh snow here in the mountains.
As you can see in the pictures, there is a lot of bare ice showing on the pond. We don't know how smooth it is, but anyone could probably find a few spots for skating if they wanted to. It's rare to have good skating on Joe's Pond, but it does happen. slides
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment