Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It was such a nice afternoon, we went to Littleton to do some errands. It was still cold when we left home, but when we got to Littleton, it seemed much warmer. The day did warm us some, but I don't think we got into the 20's as was forecast. By the time we got home, around 4 p.m., the sky was clouding in and it looked as if it might snow any time. I haven't looked out tonight to see if it's started yet, but I think by morning we should have some fresh snow here in the mountains.

As you can see in the pictures, there is a lot of bare ice showing on the pond. We don't know how smooth it is, but anyone could probably find a few spots for skating if they wanted to. It's rare to have good skating on Joe's Pond, but it does happen.
slides

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...