Saturday, August 08, 2009

We had a great time watching the parade this morning. We parked behind the garage and the bank, where the horse pulling takes place later in the day, and it was a short walk to reach the Green. We bought our tickets from Lynn (Somers) Tasker, and then found a good place to watch the childrens' parade. We both took lots of pictures, actually over 100, but I've put only some of the highlights onto a slide show for you. Between the childrens' parade and the main parade, we visited Floral Hall, and I took pictures there. If you haven't seen the Danville Town Hall since it was refurbished, you should go there - the woodwork gleams, and everything is very nice. I remember being on that stage once when the W. Danville kids were invited to put on their minstrel show for the benefit of some organization - years ago, and I don't remember much about it now.

After Floral Hall, we roamed about a bit, Fred stopped to talk with the NEK Waste Management representative, we saw Jane Milne and Dot Larrabee at their ticket booth, and both were pretty chilly in the shade of those big old maple trees on the Green. We were sitting on one of the benches in the bingo tent which wasn't operating, but afforded a great place to sit and watch the world of people go by. We saw quite a number of Joe's Ponders.

After the second section of the parade with bands and tractors and floats went by, it was just about noon, and we had to get back home, but we'll be back this evening. We were very tempted to grab lunch there, but we know we'll be eating there this evening, and I wasn't sure I wanted to fill up that much twice . . . not much will power when it comes to fair food, I'm afraid. Tomorrow I'll post more pictures from tonight, but in the meantime, here's a short slide show for you. Danville Fair, 2009


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...