Thursday, August 06, 2009

Okay. I've had a complaint (well, a "sort-of" complaint) that I all too often don't post here on the blog pictures Fred takes of me, but when I take one of him, it goes on whether it's flattering or not. I say it's editorial privilege, and some of us are more photogenic than others. However, to quiet down you-know-who, I'll post the latest photo in question. While I was trying to put in my share of time and work on painting our tractor garage, after Fred had spent hours scraping old paint without help, he was taking pictures that certainly weren't my "best side." I guess what's good for the gander is good for the goose, so here's the proof that I am actually putting in my time on this project, too. I was filling some holes in the little access door before giving it a final coat of paint.

Today we were in Danville and Fred took pictures of the folks setting up for the fair tomorrow and Saturday. Now that's a lot of work! I guess the concession folks are used to tearing down and setting up, but it's still a mountain of work to get everything you'll need in place. The pictures here start at Marty's 1st Stop where some of the rides for the fair are parked until they are ready to be set up. Then you'll see the preparations on the Green, and go on down the Peacham Road to the Health Clinic. Danville is a lovely, very rural town, as you can see. The Fire Department is right across the street from the Health Clinic, and cattle graze in the fields near the school, just beyond the fire station.
Before the Danville Fair

Today Diane Rossi was pointing out that some of the maples on W. Shore Rd. by their house are turning already; I've been noticing some here at our house, too. I guess summer is going to be over before it really had a chance to get started. This evening I'm going to a committee meeting for Cabot's Fall Foliage Day (Tuesday, September 29), and when I got home this morning, I had a message from some folks in Pennsylvania who are coming for Fall Foliage and wanted reservations for the turkey supper. Fall is just around the corner, for sure.

Fall Foliage Day preparations reminds me, we brought home takeouts from the turkey supper last year and it was very, very good.
The turkey is from the Bothfeld farm, and the cooks did a super job. All the trimmings, and more than enough for a hearty meal. I'd been working at the registration table all day and it really hit the spot to have such a nice dinner. I'll be looking forward to that again this year.

As I look out my window, it looks as if our nice day has taken a u-turn. Even last night we had a trace of rain - and I'm guessing we'll have more than a trace tonight. We're hoping for good weather for Danville Fair tomorrow - the parade starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, and also don't forget the JPA pig roast on Saturday evening. We'll all be going to the fair in the evening on Saturday. I like to sample some of the traditional "fair food" I don't eat any other time of the year, and we stay for the Bel Aires (Bob Dimick on keyboards!) in the evening. Maybe we'll see you there.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...