Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's a bit cooler today, and the forecast is for possible rain late in the day. It seems unlikely, but there are signs that we need some rain. The moisture doesn't hang out where you want it, in the gardens and on lawns; it collects in the corners of your basement and on shady sides of the house and grows mold and mildew and shelters earwigs and spiders and only God knows what else.

Some folks know just how to spend the hot, humid days, though. Yesterday, when Fred went to pick Bill Rossi up to (get this!!) go to Hastings for ice cream, the Mah-Jong group was meeting there, and he got this picture. Pretty cool, nice breeze off the water, good company - great way to spend an afternoon.

When Fred got back home, he found Woody on our deck and took this picture. I'd been shelling peas out there and he'd been with me, cool in the shade of the cherry tree and the deck chairs. It reminded me of the saying, "Nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs." He hardly moves d
uring this hot weather - usually stretching out in some cool spot in the house, but yesterday he couldn't resist going to the garden with me, and that tuckered him out. He likes the garden, and walks between the rows sniffing the green beans and pea vines, and will usually flop in the middle walkway so I have to be careful not to trip over him. It was too hot for him there yesterday, even though when we were there the garden was shaded.

I guess you noticed the boarding ladder posted to the Comments Page was found. Have you noticed the Comments Page works a little differently now? We no longer have to go back a page to read a another comment after we've read one. The whole list is still there and you can go from one to another easily. Click away!

Back to work, now. I have e-mails to answer and then I need to get back to work to reorganize so I can take whatever is finished back to the historical society building for the winter. It takes some thought because once the place is closed up after Fall Foliage Day (Sept. 29), it won't be open again until warm weather in the spring, so I'd better not need it. I'll be picking up whatever books and DVD's are there so I can fill orders that come in over the winter. All of which makes the summer seem awfully short this year . . .

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...