Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I delivered a bunch of envelopes with Ice-Out tickets to Hastings Store in W. Danville this morning. Last year some JPA members were disappointed that we didn't send 10 tickets to everyone as had been done in the past, so Diane Rossi and I (we're co-chairs of Ice-Out this year) decided to get 10 to everyone this year - but we're hoping as many of you as possible will pick up your tickets so we won't need to mail them. We'd like to save that postage! The tickets, in alphabetically arranged envelopes, will be at the store until the final JPA meeting on Sunday, Aug. 23 (2 p.m.); then we'll mail those left so you'll have them for the holidays, greeting cards, family gatherings or however you like to distribute them. I've included tickets for some camp owners' family members, too, so when you pick yours up, check to see if there is an envelope for someone else in your family. I used the mailing list we use for our newsletter, and there are a few extra people such as brothers, sisters, or children of our members on that. I also left of extra tickets at the store in case anyone wants to have more than 10.

While at the store, I bumped into Fred (Brown) and Billy (Rossi) who were supposedly on a photo-taking mission this morning, but I caught t
hem eating ice cream - at 10:30 in the morning! They hadn't taken any pictures yet, but sure enough, they got the job done, just in time for lunch.

I've already had a good response to the e-mail I sent off this morning about the tickets, but I had about a dozen e-mail failures, i.e., the e-mail addresses I have for some of you apparently are no longer valid. If you are a JPA member and didn't get the e-mail this morning, contact me (janebrown@fairpoint.net) so I can get your correct address in my files.

In the meantime, please let other JPA members who may not have their computers here know their 10 tickets are at Hastings Store or they can see Diane or me at the meeting on Aug.23 to pick them up. Thanks to all, members and non-members alike, for the great job you do buying and/or selling Ice Out tickets for us. We really appreciate your enthusiasm.
* * * * *

SEASON’S FINAL STEAK & CHICKEN
COMMUNITY DINNER IN CABOT

This Summer’s
Cabot Church benefit dinner series concludes with its sixth meal,

This Thursday, Aug. 13th from 5:30 to 7 PM.

The dinner features freshly grilled meats with all the fixings, beverage & desert.

Take-outs are available.

There is no charge for this sumptuous meal; however donations to the church’s oil fund are welcome. Cabot Church is located on the Common on Rte. 215 in Cabot Village.

Please phone 563-2278 for information, take out reservations or directions.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...