Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thanks, Matt, for the comment on the Beatrix Potter item.

I think most of you already know that the rail trail project is not subject to Act 250 regulations. That ruling came down some time ago. Things are set to move ahead next spring. We're hoping to have Ken Hoeppner or another representative at our July 4th meeting. We hope you will be there to hear what he has to say and raise any issues you may have.

We went to the Danville Inn for chicken pie last night with Bill and Diane Rossi. We enjoyed the evening very much - the food was delicious and we saw some other Joe's Ponders there, too, which is always fun. Even though it was a relatively warm evening, the overhead fans kept us very comfortable. I was fine until I had a cup of steaming hot coffee after dinner. That made me a bit overheated, and I should have known better, but sometimes a good cup of coffee is the perfect ending to a nice meal. Bill and Fred had dessert, and even discussed ice cream as we were leaving the parking lot. Fortunately, that plan didn't fly.

I'm hearing thunder rumbling in the distance. We only got a sprinkling of rain last night, .03 inches, on my rain guage. According to the map this morning, that was about all anyone got in the Central Vermont/Northeast Kingdom area.


No comments:

Spring Mix!

I started this a couple days ago but got kind of busy and never got back to it. I had posted about the Route 2 construction, but that notice...