Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cloudy day today, but not cold. It was nice to have the windows open last night and hear the rain - didn't get much, but wet things down a bit - and today we've had a slow fire, but I think it's ranged in 60's all day. I've been under the weather today - I guess the quick change over to hot weather the last couple of days and being dumb enough to be outside working in the heat did me in. I should know better - I always have a hard time acclimating to hot weather, and never really get used to it. Wipes me out every time. I was glad today was cloudy and cooler - no urge whatsoever to get outside. Unfortunately, no energy for inside, either.

I had a chat with Sue LaGue this morning. She and Jack came to camp yesterday to catch the nice weather. Sue was disappointed today wasn't as nice as Saturday, but since she's sidelined with a broken ankle, she said she is more frustrated at not being able to get out to work in her flower beds than anything else. It's her right ankle, so she can't drive - more frustration. She fell in March, while skiing - well, actually, she said she wasn't skiing, just slipped when she was walking, carrying all her equipment. It can happen in an instant. I broke mine a number of years ago while loaded down with fishing equipment at the Champlain Fishing Derby. Had enough hardware in my ankle to make a wind chime the following year when I had it all removed. Sue said she isn't hurthing that much now, and is counting the days until she's able to toss the crutches.

Diane Rossi is doing well after her knee operation. It's been only a couple weeks, and she's getting around much better and feeling much better. Bill got their docks in this weekend, with the help of Joe Hebert and son. I even heard a motor boat yesterday - just like summer, motor boats and loons calling, and last night, either fireworks or shots popping down near the pond. We couldn't tell which, and then there were rolls of thunder, so our north country is awakening from the long winter literally with a bang!


No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...