Thursday, March 12, 2009

From Vince Feeney:

I am giving a talk at the Marshfield Jacquith Library on Mar. 22 at 3 PM
titled "The Largely Unknown History of the Irish in Vermont." This is
based on a book I have written on the subject which is slated for
publication in the autumn of this year. It deals with the large numbers
of Irish who came to Vermont via Canada in the 1830s through the 1850s,
and the important role they played in the rapidly expanding slate and
marble industries in Vermont.
This is a good talk to promote this time of year as St. Patrick's
Day
is March 17 and Irish themes are in the air. The talk, of
course, is free and open to the public.

Thanks,

Vince Feeney, Marshfield. <vfeeney@fairpoint.net>

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...