Thursday, January 29, 2009

This came this morning from Cyndy and Ray Rouleau:
I thought you'd like to see this blog. Renee and Brendan are in Honduras with the Shelburne-Charlotte Rotary..............Cyndy........

Renee wrote:
Check us out on the web: www.philomenasoltour.blogspot.com

Will write more tomorrow....we're pooped!

Thanks, Cyndy and Ray. Looks like Renee and Brendan are having a real "working vacation" - but they seem to be enjoying. Good for them!

Here in the frozen north, we're shoveling out from under about 16-18 inches of snow. It's hard to tell just how much we did get - my measuring stick shows well over a foot, and when I went out this morning and shoveled off our front deck while Fred finished up the driveway, there was a depth of at least 16 i
nches on it, and I'm thinking the deck may have been shoveled off early in the storm so there may not have been a full count there. It was light and easy to handle, and although it was still only about 15 degrees, it was nice out there. I got a couple pictures of Fred and the snowblower - just to remind folks what we're doing on a daily basis here while you're basking in the sun.

I noticed on the morning news that area schools were delaying opening for two hours. That would be to allow the road crews ample time to clear the roads, I expect, although I believe our road was plowed very early. It takes time to reach all areas of the back country where the buses have to go. I'm listening to the scanner, but there isn't anything happening there, so I guess things are under control, as usual. This wasn't a bad storm here because it was all snow and cold enough so it was also light and fluffy. In other areas where there was ice, I'm sure things are much worse. The good news is, Sunday starts a whole new month, and perhaps we'll get at least a hint of spring in the next few weeks. Of course it all depends on that old woodchuck . . .

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...