Thursday, January 22, 2009

I still can't be sure who wrote the poem Steve Allen sent that I posted the other day and we thought might have been written by Elsie Fitts. Steve said he actually got it from a friend who lives in Maine and he switched states, putting in Vermont.

Today I got this from Evelyn Richer:

The poem on the blog that also appears in the JPA cookbook, was with the material given to me from Elsie Fitts. It was my understanding that she wrote it since her name was at the end of it, but later, (and before going to press) I wanted to double check with Homer; he said he could not be sure that she was the author. So I changed my original credits in the cookbook, at the end of the poem, to read ‘submitted by…” rather than ‘written by…” Unfortunately, I was not at the point of selecting this poem or making this inquiry until after Elsie had passed away… we may never know… but it sure fits her humor and love of Joe’s Pond!! Thanks… ER (and thank you Elsie!)

Evelyn is absolutely right about Elsie's sense of humor and love of of Joe's Pond. She was a dedicated worker for JPA for many years. We're happy to have the poem, whoever wrote it. I noticed there's a comment, too, apparently inspired by the poem, posted after yesterday's blog. Thanks for that, Matt! We don't know if Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre is living, or even if there is/was such a person, but it's too cold to care. I like her style . . .

Evelyn sent another e-mail message today that was a real joy to receive:

Just received this wonderful newsflash from Steph Porter (Zach’s mom)

Zach’s final bone marrow test, (the cytogenetics), came back 100% NORMAL!!!!!!! No funky translocations of chromosomes....no weird this or that....ALL NORMAL STUFF!!!!! He is all 46XY NORMAL!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!”

They are back home in St. Jay, with visiting family celebrating I suspect. Thought you might like to share this good news. Thank you ....Evelyn.

I can only imagine the relief the whole Porter family and all their friends are feeling. Zach has been a real trooper through all of this.







No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...