Friday, January 16, 2009

Here's the official low from Joe's Pond as of this morning. We were warm compared to Island Pond. There was an unofficial reading of 44 below there this morning. I'm not surprised. After it goes below minus 25 degrees, it's pretty much the same - darned cold and good weather to stay inside if one can.

Here's what Diane wrote when she sent the photo:
It was -36 when we got up at 6:30, and went down a little by 7 before it started going up again. Last night when we got home we decided not to try to exercise this am, since it just takes too long for that Rennai heater to warm up the upstairs of the garage in this temp. I think our cars used to keep the garage a little warmer, but now that we don't use them much, the engines never really get warm! Maybe we'll get on the eliptical later today....

Bill and Diane braved the cold to join us for dinner last night. It was pretty cold, but if you're out every day in it I guess you just get used to it. I haven't been out much for a couple days, and with any luck won't be until it warms up later this weekend. We always enjoy getting together with Bill and Diane.

We are going to try installing the new Epson printer this afternoon. I can't wait to see if this one will work. If it doesn't, then I guess we'll need to explore other options like replacing the computer - not something I really look forward to doing.

I need to go put some wood on the fire and get some lunch started. Fred has gone with our friend, Louise, to have one of her cats euthanized. Poor kitty has been very sick and the vet said it would be best. It's very hard to lose a pet, we know. Louise is practical, though, and while it is hard for her, she understands. She has other kitties to love, and I'm sure that helps.

Our day is warming up nicely - it's just zero outside my office window!

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...