Like everyone else, I get "forwards" all the time, most of which I don't take time to open. Once in a while I do open one, and sometimes the information seems worthwhile. I have learned that a lot of the time those that are warnings or have some other serious message that must be sent to 100 of our closest friends are frauds. If I have time and if I think there's a chance the message could be really important, I go to urbanlegends.com, snopes.com, or one of the other sources I've found that debunk such messages, to find out more about them before I pass them on here.
One such "forward" came to the jpwebmaster e-mail address tonight. Turns out there is some valid information in it, and some that is pure fiction. I won't bother with what was sent to me, but I'm including a link to the information about it on snopes.com. Take a look - the first two items address the issue of the benefit/danger of drinking warm or cold beverages after a meal: Snopes.com
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well - Happy Birthday to Me! I've made it through another year and almost to the anniversary of tearing the ligament in my knee a year ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment