Sunday, September 21, 2008

We were in West Danville yesterday (Saturday) afternoon to pick up Joe's Pond Association mail - and Ice-Out Tickets! There was a bundle at Hastings Store, and quite a few at Joe's Pond Country Store, too. I have been picking them up so I can deposit any checks that may be with the stubs. We were talking with Gerald Castner on Birch Bound Road, and he was telling us about how pleased and surprised he was to read about our contest in his New Jersey newspaper last year. (That's Garey Larrabee and me on the right.)

I noticed in the tickets I picked up yesterday a gentleman from London, U.K. had bought quite a few - made good choices, too, I thought! Lots of the tickets were from out-of-town visitors, but there are a number of local folks who are already in the game, too. (Here I'm picking up tickets from Jeff Downs at Joe's Pond Country Store.)

The Association of Street Rodders met in Essex Junction this week. We saw one of the sort of elderly cars parked in front of the Joe's Pond Craft Shop. Fred took some pictures - I particularly liked the one of the local folks on the porch at Hastings Store. Can't get much more "Vermont" than that.

I had an e-mail from Evelyn Caufield, a JPA member. Evelyn's granddaughter, Michelle Walker, is getting married in May of 2010 and is starting to make plans to possibly be married at the Joe's Pond Association pavilion. I put her in touch with Tom Dente so she will know what the pavilion offers, but she would very much like to hear from people in this area who have planned a wedding here, as well. Michelle is in Wilmington, NC and wants to know what's available for caterers, bands, rentals, etc., so I'm sure she'd love to hear from not only people who provide wedding services, but from any of you who have had your wedding here at Joe's Pond. If you have suggestions or information that would be helpful, e-mail Michelle at walkem2@gmail.com

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...