I asked our town clerk, Tara Rogerson, about the scheduled proceedings at the Environmental Court, and here is her reply:
You're right.... there are two appeals pending - Jones/Leinoff appeal for
party status, and the appeal of the ZBA decision. While we've received
court filings, the town received nothing with regards to this scheduled
hearing... which I have corrected for future filings/hearings.
This matter has been appealed to the Environmental Court under Vermont Rules
of Environmental Court Proceedings Rule 5. All appeals under this rule are
de novo.
The phone conference scheduled for this Monday on both matters is an initial
pre-hearing status conference. V.R.E.C.P. 2 sets forth what may be
considered at the initial conference, including party status, whether to
advance or combine issues, the necessity of site visits, or even
dismissal/summary judgments.
Of course, any decision of the Environmental Court is appealable (if
distinguishable) to the Supreme Court. Let me know if I can be of further
assistance.
Tara
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment