We heard today that Garey Larrabee, owner with his wife Jane of Hastings Store, is in the hospital in St. Johnsbury. We'll try to find out more tomorrow and report to you.
There has been more sunshine today than we expected, although there were plenty of rain showers, too. The forecast for the week looks better than expected - things have changed a bit apparently, so now it's looking good for the weekend. That would be really nice. There are warnings about swimming in lakes, rivers and ponds that are running high water because of the possibility of bacteria being present. Some swimming areas have been closed because of this. I guess with all the rain we've had, almost anything could be in the water; hopefully it will settle down with a few days of sunshine without rain.
We've been checking in on the Red Sox game tonight, but it's now in the 9th inning and only one point spread, so I guess I'll go see what happens.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment