Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This from Jeanne Gruggel (Narrows Drive) tonight:

This morning we found evidence (droppings) of a large animal on our property, down by the garden -- maybe a bear or moose. It's in the same place where we saw a bear last summer -- maybe the same bear that swam across the pond in the pictures on your blog from earlier this summer. Has anyone else seen similar evidence?

I went into the woods to pick berries today and whenever I do that, I'm always very conscious of the fact I might be trespassing on some bruin's territory. Today there was quite a bit of wind and I knew the bear would probably not hear me and I might not hear the bear. There weren't many berries, and I didn't see any living thing bigger than a squirrel. I guess the bears know a better place for berries . . . Oh, yes, I forgot - I DID see something bigger'n a squirrel - Fred came to see if I needed help picking.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...