Thursday, July 24, 2008

There's no news here today worth reporting. We've had off and on downpours most of the day - I guess we may have added a few more inches of water to the pond, for sure. Fred and I checked a little while ago to be sure the boats are ok, and things look about the same as they have. Water level seems to remain about the same, so I guess the rubber dam is at least holding its own against the deluge.

Our property tax bill came today from the Town of Cabot. With it came a sheet titled, About Your 2008 School Taxes - "The more you spend, the more you pay" . . .
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

I just heard there are problems on Rt. 15 in W. Danville with water running over the road - potential washout, so road crews will be out there unplugging the culvert and hopefully averting further problems. Drivers should be very cautious, especially when there is water in or across the highway.

Stay safe. The sun will shine tomorrow!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...