There's no news here today worth reporting. We've had off and on downpours most of the day - I guess we may have added a few more inches of water to the pond, for sure. Fred and I checked a little while ago to be sure the boats are ok, and things look about the same as they have. Water level seems to remain about the same, so I guess the rubber dam is at least holding its own against the deluge.
Our property tax bill came today from the Town of Cabot. With it came a sheet titled, About Your 2008 School Taxes - "The more you spend, the more you pay" . . .
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
I just heard there are problems on Rt. 15 in W. Danville with water running over the road - potential washout, so road crews will be out there unplugging the culvert and hopefully averting further problems. Drivers should be very cautious, especially when there is water in or across the highway.
Stay safe. The sun will shine tomorrow!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
This week turned out to be a doozie for me. I had anticipated going for a follow-up on my knee on Monday, but instead ended up in the ER at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment