Friday, July 18, 2008

A few items of interest for you -

I guess most of you remember that the W. Danville Church BBQ is Saturday - take-out only. Reserve your meal by calling 563-2732 or 563-3397. Better do it right away so you won't miss out.

If you're looking for something to do with the kids on Saturday morning, here's a possibility:

The Cabot United Church and Mark Shelton present

Captain Radical Pirate Show

Saturday, July 19th at 10:30 AM at the Cabot United Church, Cabot, VT

Be part of the adventure: sword fights, sea monsters, secret missions!

Games, music, theater, more…….. FREE admission. FREE food after the show.

Costumes not required, but prizes offered for best costumes.

Largest pirate ship jumphouse in the Kingdom!

.

Children should wear bathing suits under their costumes as we will have water games also if it is a hot day

For info: call Cabot United Church at 563-2278 or visit captainradical.com.

*****


On Tuesday, July 22nd, you may want to plan to attend the Walden Church Supper. Tickets are on sale at the door at 5 p.m., they will begin serving at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are numbered so it's first-come, first-served. Here's the menu: (for further information, call Diane Cochran, 563-2392)

Macaroni & Cheese

Baked Beans

Ham

Variety of Salads and Rolls

Coffee - Tea - Milk

Homemade Pies

Adults - $7, Children $4

*****

Right now we have thunder storms rolling through, one after the other. I'm hearing on the scanner reports of trees down and small fires started by lightning. Just before lunch I heard that the church in Sheffield had a fire. I don't know how bad that turned out to be, but it sounded serious. I think that must be where we used to go for really great chicken pie suppers in the fall when I lived in St. Johnsbury.


After having our refrigerator and phone at camp blasted by a power surge caused by a lightning strike a couple weeks ago - the same one that got Jane Milne's TV and computers, I guess - I hesitate to be working on my computer when there's a storm brewing. I'm scanning pictures from the Ennis family right now and that's very interesting, so I've worked in spite of the scattered thunder and rain. The Ennis family was well known in the area. During WWII, all six of Ora and Jennie Ennis's boys served, and now I have pictures of the family when they were little kids and teenagers as well as the boys in their uniforms. All the boys came home safely. There were six boys and four girls in their family, and they lived on a farm in Marshfield and later in E. Cabot.



No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...