Wednesday, July 09, 2008


After the rain this evening, I went outside and took some pictures. The Sky was unusual and for a few minutes everything had a beautiful soft golden glow. Before I could get many shots, the glow was gone. The second picture is looking towards Walden, after the glow. There are layers of forest and hills, and when it's a little darker and with less mist, we see lights from houses tucked into the hillsides where, only a few years ago, there were only trees and fields. We actually see fewer lights this time of year because of the foliage. In winter, it's amazing how many homes are on the hills above Rt. 15.

I took some pictures of the flowers in my garden, too. They were especially fresh and vibrant after the soaking rain. These tiger lilies have all sprung up from seeds dropped each fall. I'm not even sure where I got the first plants. My red peonies were lovely until the heavy rain today. Now they are battered and ready for some serious deadheading. The white peonies have long since faded. Now that the weather is going to be a little cooler, I'll get outside and get some of those chores done in my flowers.

Don't forget to get your tickets for the bean supper at the JPA pavilion on Saturday. (See more information below.) And remember that Kevin Johnson's group will be picking up returnables on Sunday - NOT Saturday as previously advertised!


No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...