Monday, April 28, 2008

Rainy morning.

The showers for the next few days should help to get everything clean and green. I wish I'd done a little more yard work yesterday, but there will be nice days ahead for that.

I heard from Martha Flanagan this morning that her son, Chris, found the following in his Portland Oregonian this morning: (Thanks to both Martha and Chris for letting us know.)
AP Article

The ice is mostly gone from the whole pond this morning. There is a little clinging to the southeast shore from the fishing access towards the narrows, but that won't last the day with the rain. The water never got alarmingly high and I haven't had any reports of damage. At least one camp will be missing a dock, but Richer's have it secured at their house. We picked up a section of the fence between Rouleau's and Rossi's this morning. A couple sections had been torn off by the snow and this one was across their driveway, probably blown over by the wind yesterday. The snow did more damage this winter than usual because there was so much and it was so heavy.

I can't report that the roads around the pond have improved over the past few days. There is either mud or huge mounds of dirt where the holes were, and now we will probably have to wait until after the rain for the towns to get out with equipment to fix the roads. I've been told it's not a good idea to work the road when it's raining - just makes more mud. Makes sense, I guess, but it doesn't help those of us who need to travel.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...