Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Beautiful Day at Joe's Pond

Just like everyone got tired of my writing about "another snow storm" all winter long, now you'll be tired of my expounding on "another beautiful day" in paradise!
It's not quite as bright this morning as some days - some high wispy clouds are filtering the sun - but the thermometer is still showing about 55 degrees at my house.

Jamie just sent us an e-mail saying the road crew at Cabot dumped a load of fill in the hole by Mason's - things are looking up!!

I just heard one of the road crews in the area, Walden, I think, commenting that a new culvert they had put in wasn't handling the flow of water. Somehow our Caledonian Record wasn't delivered on Saturday, so I checked on-line and found this picture that won their mud picture contest. It is titled, "Anyone Seen Dad?" and is by Sandi Redfield.

I also want you to see the photo of John Randall (637 W. Shore Rd., Joe's Pond) turning over the sod in a field at their home in Miller Place, L.I. Liz wrote:
John Plowing the field with his 1950 Farmall Cub and 1 bottom plow.

Also, this morning the daffodils I picked Saturday hoping to force open to use on my table at yesterday's brunch, were in full bloom this morning. A day late, but still much appreciated.

And to make our day complete, the Cabot grader just went by, so things are perking up here, for sure. No word from Tom Dente on the water level at the pond, so I guess we can assume it hasn't changed much overnight.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...