Friday, February 15, 2008


Snow again!

We had our day in the sun yesterday - a nice Valentine for everyone. Today started out just fine, but a few minutes ago I was surprised when I looked up from my keyboard and saw it was s
nowing heavily and the wind is picking up. I took a couple quick pictures. The top one is what's still visible of my grape arbor in the back yard, and then there's Fred's wood pile. It's just a good thing our supply of wood for this year is in the garage. It would be a lot of work to dig any out of this pile!

Fred has gone to rake the snow off an elderly neighbor's roof; son, Jamie next door has been using a friend's bucket loader this morning to pare down some of the snow banks along his drive, ours, and next-door neighbor Henretta Splain's. None of us can really see that well coming out of our driveways, and getting onto Rt. 2 from West Shore Road is really dangerous.

Bill and Diane Rossi had to have their snow blower taken into the shop to be repaired this morning and they don't know when they'll get it back. Diane said they have a new method of snow removal, though - shovels. We're going to their house for dinner tonight. We always enjoy having a meal with them, but right now I'm thinking that if this snow keeps up, we may need to shovel for our supper! Oh well, such is life at Joe's Pond these days.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...