Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nothing new here - just another day with more snow.

We've had a little of everything falling out of the sky today - rain, sleet, ice crystals, snow - a earlier in the day there was quite a lot of wind. I'm listening to the scanner again as I work here in my office. The road crews are out, trying to keep the r
oads in safe condition; but they are short of salt so I'm hearing a lot about sand being used. There have been a few accidents, but as far as I can tell, nothing too serious.

The big excitement for the day so far was the mail bringing information on the contest in Cabot for town clerk. I posted some information about Tara Rogerson a while back, and today there was information from both candidates in the mail. If you're a voter in town you should get these cards in the mail, and for those of you who are not voters, I thought you might like to see that even up here in our small rural towns, we get a chance to meet the candidates and ask questions.

Yesterday Fred and I went to Lebanon, NH to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center for my routine checkup. Fred took lots of pictures, and I'll post them for those of you who may not have been to that huge facility. The buildings are intimidating, but everyone there has always been very helpful and in spite of whatever reasons we've had to be there, we have only praise for the doctors and staff. You'll see some of the road on the way down, and we generally go through Hanover rather than taking the long way around on the interstate. It's the shorter route, and unless there's lots of traffic or something else holds us up in town, quicker.

Once there, Fred roamed about while I was at my appointments. There are always interesting displays of art wherever one goes. Some of it seems to stay in place as permanent decoration while a lot of it changes every time we go there.

We were a bit concerned about the incoming store, but turns out we got home well ahead of it. There was a lot of snow in the Lebanon area, too, and people were mostly dreading having more to deal with.

Slides

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...