Saturday, December 08, 2007

An "Off and On" Morning -
meaning, we're getting snow off and on, as predicted. There's a bit of wind, too, making it feel a bit colder than the 30 degrees my thermometers are reading here at mid-day. There wasn't much going on in the village this morning. I'm still getting requests for Ice-Out tickets for stocking stuffers - and some folks are enclosing them in their Christmas cards. Which reminds me, I'd better get going and send mine out.

I've been busy with lots of things - I'll have an interesting bit of Joe's Pond history for you soon. I'm still putting the pieces together, but will let you know as soon as it's posted.

Fred is finishing up stacking our wood for next year and also has been working with Kevin Johnson on a web site. Designing a site other than our own is a new venture for Fred, but I think it's looking pretty good. Check it out at www.stjfire.com - that's a branch of Kevin's Reed Supply Company in St. Johnsbury, and I'm sure all of you will be glad to know about the products and service he has available. The site is a work in progress, so you'll see it change. He also has a business card with us under "Services."

I took a few pictures while I was out to go to the post office this morning. I would have stopped to take others along Rt. 2, but there was more traffic than usual and the going was a little slippery and I didn't want to create any problems by stopping where I shouldn't. It works better when there are two of us - one to drive, one to take pictures out the window!

A sign of the season - the Payne's sign at the corner of Rt. 2 and W. Shore Rd. for Christmas trees. They have very nice trees - they're just past the Cabot Plain Cemetery on the right as you make the bend to go past Chef Wood's place.

Hope your day is a good one. Got your tree yet?

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...