Saturday, November 17, 2007


What a difference a few hours makes! A little after noon today the sun began to peek through the snowflakes. We had a bit of melting going on, but actually it didn't last very long. The thermometer has been slipping downward this afternoon and right now I have a reading of 25 degrees. I don't think it's going to be very warm for the next few days.

When I saw the sun, I dashed onto the deck to take a couple of pictures. As you can see, in the direction of Walden, there were still some pretty ugly looking clouds and some snow flurries going on; but directly across the pond, looking at Rt. 15, you can see we were enjoying some brightness. The pond and the sky went from gray to brilliant blue.

I took these two photos, but as you know, Fred takes most of them for me. Someone has suggested Fred should be credited for the photos he takes, and I'll do that from now on. We're always happy to have any of you send photos, too - it would be nice to share in some of what you are all up to while away from Joe's Pond. I'll be sure to credit you for them, too!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...