Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another beautiful fall day.
Things are looking a bit "fallish" around the pond with some nice color in spots. We're headed for another stretch of pretty nice weather, according to the forecast, with cooler nights - a little frost at pond level, but up where we live we have only had visible frost once or twice. I think the frost should sweeten the grapes on our arbor - they aren't large, but coming along nicely.

We walked Saturday morning and bumped in
to several folks along the way. Charlie Aimi was out with his very enthusiastic dogs, and we all had a nice chat with Phil and Lorraine Porter from Sandy Beach Road, on their way to recycle. We saw Walter Ruf heading to the post office, Henretta Splain gave us a big wave, as did Gina Kurrle. I'm sure others passed us - sometimes it's hard to distinguish who's who because often we can't see in the car windows very well, and besides that, we like to get well out of the road when cars pass and I have to keep my eye on where my feet are going so I don't stumble into a ditch. We usually wave and I'll ask Fred, "Who was that?" and I usually get a standard "One of my friends," which translated means he doesn't have a clue.

We took a couple of pictures, though. We should really walk along Old Homestead Road on the other side of the pond and take pictures of the west shore more often. I took a picture (again) from the Cabot Plain Cemetery when I went that way this afternoon to work at the Historical Society building. We're getting ready for Fall Foliage Day on Tuesday, of course, and looking forward to great weather and a nice crowd of "leaf peepers" taking our tours. I heard from David Book today, and he's sprucing up his uniform ready to do his Civil War tour. He'll have copies of his book with him, in case you missed his book signing a couple weeks ago. Click "other" on the home page of www.joespond.org and you'll see his book listed there.

Enjoy whatever you're up to and drive safely if you're heading away on a trip or going to your winter home.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...