Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ice-Out Update: (This first photo was taken by Ray Richer this morning. Thanks, Ray and Evelyn, for sending it.)

3:00 PM, May 1
Hello Everyone,
Jane and Fred Brown just left. It sure looks like the block etc. could sink anytime ? ?
I planned to go to Stowe to the Danville ball games so I will be away for a few hours. Maybe I will miss ice-out but sure will be wondering while I am away. If it should go, please be sure two people check the clock for exact time before reporting to news media.
Surely we all have received an unbelieveable number of phone calls to ask if Ice Out has happened yet.

Homer

*****
Fred and I took pictures while at Homer's. We left at around 3 p.m. and the ice was as you see it here - looks as if the pallet could slide off that ice pack any minute, and the wind was blowing down the lake to help it along. It may be frozen in, but sure looks as if it'll go soon.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...