Saturday, March 31, 2007

We have been overwhelmed with requests for Ice-Out tickets as a result of the nation-wide circulation of the Associated Press article by John Curran. I'm trying to help as many as possible get their tickets, but the time has pretty much run out for everyone except locals. This morning I went to Harry's Hardware (see photo) in Cabot to replenish their supply of tickets; I haven't heard from any of our other "Ice Outlets" so I'm confident they have enough to fill the demand. This should be a record-breaking year for our contest by all indications. We'll keep you posted. The winner(s) could come into a nice bit of money!

I took some pictures
early this morning on my way to Cabot. The mountains, Camel's Hump and Mt. Mansfield were shining in the morning sun, all along the road the maples were tapped and I took a picture of what is probably one of the oldest (and largest) maples trees around. It was at Keith Burtt's place, and I don't know how many buckets were on the tree, I could see two from the road, but there may have been more. Just below the old tree a large herd of cattle was heading across the field to feed.

Don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge
them. Happy Springtime!

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...