Friday, September 29, 2006

Gee, I go away for one day and come back to find all sorts of things have happened. I had this message from Evelyn Richer waiting when I checked in last night - -

I just recieved a phone call from Morris Press (our cookbook publisher) with the announcement that we have been selected as one of the top ten finalists for their national cookbook contest!

We will not know the final results until the end of the year, but to have been selected is quite an honor for Joe's Pond!! There were many many contestants from all over the country that entered the contest. I submitted our book at the end of August because the representatives at Morris Press encouraged me to do so... The lady I spoke with today said that she feels she is quite the expert on "Indian Joe" now she so loved to read the history of our pond and enjoyed all the other features of the book...

I will be sending out four more cookbooks to them so the judges can have their own copies...
the cookbook will be displayed on their website starting on Monday... other's may take a peek if they would like... morrispresscookbooks.com--- click on "enter to win $5000" ---(unfortunately our contest is for 2006 and the grand prize is still $3000-- but we gotta win first!!) or they may have another link by Monday... Evelyn.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...