Tuesday, April 18, 2006

THE FUN IS OVER

Homer's deck is very quiet today. Two young men came to do a short video for the Lyndon State College Channel 7 News yesterday in the bitterly cold wind, but overall, things are now serene and quite normal again, under sunny skies. Within the next couple of days all the black ice and slush will be gone from the pond and there will be plenty of open water for everyone to come back to.

I had a brief annonymous comment on one of my recent blog entries. Whoever sent it seems to know Chico Carcoba who logs in the tickets for us. Here's what it said:

i know that chico really takes that job seriously,since he leaves pensacola in march to hurry home to do it.since the job is done,maybe he can come back,its 88 today,nice breeze,water is 68 and a yellow flag is blowing!

I doubt even the warm temperatures would tempt Chico. At this time of the year he's content to be at his camp in Woodbury.

I had an e-mail yesterday from my neighbor, Dave Covell, who recently sold his business, vtlink.com. Dave's web site is the one people often get mixed up about when looking our www.joespond.org. I thought we had a link to Dave's site, www.joespond.com, but realize now we didn't. Fred is taking care of that today. This is one of Dave's pictures taken yesterday, showing where the block was and you can barely see the flag down in the slush. Visit his site to see his other photos.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...