Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Another Fourth for the History Books

This was truly a Fourth of July Weekend that turned out to be just about perfect - at least here in Vermont. We had great weather, and although I haven't been following the news closely over the past several days, I don't think we've had any violent attacks on our parades or celebrations. Unfortunately, not the case in other areas of the country. I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from who first and foremost, carry out these
shameful attacks, but then it absolutely amazes me that it continues to happen, over and over and over again. I think people in United States are smart enough to figure this out and put a stop to the violence, but I cannot for the life of me, understand why we can't agree to do it!  

It was nice to watch the fireworks on Sunday night, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Spirits of Vermont gathering Sunday afternoon. I met lots of very nice, congenial people - everyone was relaxed and enjoying tasting wine, cheese and other wonderful samples of products produced in Vermont. We sold a few books, and it was a very pleasant experience all around.

Liz Randall sent this photo of fireworks taken from their vantage point - the last docking point at the north end of the west shore. I was able to watch through my front door, sitting in a comfortable chair, warm and cozy (no bugs)! I couldn't see them at all from my porch. I have too many trees close by on that end of the porch. I could have gone out on the lawn and found a spot to watch from, but it was chilly and I am not one to prowl around alone in the dark of night. I was far too comfortable warm and safe inside.

Liz also got some shots of the seaplane when it landed and took off on Friday. She and John and their grandchildren were behind the big island when the plane came in. The children were very excited, you can imagine! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to upload the video of the plane she sent, but here's a still photo taken as it cruised by after landing. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July celebration and enjoyed the holiday weekend without being harmed or doing harm. Please be safe if you travel, and remember to be civil to one another, even if others may not share the same beliefs, customs or interests as you. Be considerate. Perhaps in some small way we can set a good example that may even catch on - and wouldn't it be great if everyone could get along without screaming obscenities, lashing out with their fists or wielding a knife or gun! Have a happy summer!






No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...