Thursday, March 17, 2022

Spring Weather and Ice-Out

Another gorgeous day today with lots of melting going on. We will have one more day of this unusually warm weather, and then back to a bit cooler, more normal temperatures.

The interest in the Joe's Pond Ice-Out contest is  ramping up. Vermont University students (Channel 7 at Lyndon State) did an interview with Shelly Walker yesterday. It played on their 5:30 newscast tonight. You will find it about 5 minutes into the newscast.

Also, I was at Hastings Store today where WDEV was set up for a couple hours interviewing people about all things Danville. I think they talked to Jenny Larrabee Rafuse about the Ice-Out, then Tobey Balivet, Patty Conly and me about our book and general town history, Dee Palmer and a few other people - you'll hear all of them on a podcast of the whole thing - click HERE. You can perhaps skip through to get an idea of the whole thing, or listen in real time - for two hours!!!!

So, a busy day and I'm sure there was pretty much something for everyone. I can't imagine having to fill two hours each day with "interesting" interviews like Ric Cengeri has to do. He was set up in front of the post office mailboxes - but people seemed to navigate around the whole thing just fine. I haven't listened to the whole thing - after I found the link, I posted it here and paused it after Jenny's interview so I could have my supper. I'll get back to it later.

Diane Rossi sent these two photos to me today - the clock for the Ice-Out is now up and running; and then just look at that full moon over the pond tonight to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!!! 

Enjoy this wonderful weather and the sloppy snow and muddy roads that come with it. It's all part of the wonder of living here in the north country. We grouse about the mud, but most of us wouldn't want to live anywhere else - it's just part of the deal and a small inconvenience compared to all the things we appreciate about living here. Dian's photo of the moon over the pond shows just one of the perks of living here!



No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...