Friday, February 26, 2021

Great Day!

 Not only was the weather great today, I got my 2nd Covid shot. Now I suppose I could get a reaction - some people have said that happened to them after the second shot, but I'm just happy to have both done and look forward to being a little more relaxed about being out of my normal surroundings and among other people. 

I went back to Kinney's and it took all of about 20 minutes. Some people came in while I was there, but only a couple, and they got their shots right away, too. I heard that there was a line of people waiting at the mall. Oh, well, sometimes we just luck out! I made my original appointment on line and chose Kinney's - I even got a reminder call a few days ago to remind me of my appointment. It couldn't have gone better, and there were hardly any people in the store while I was there. 

It didn't seem very warm today, but the sun was so nice, I think everyone was enjoying it. There was some melting going on where the sun was hitting, and I think the snow pack has probably settled a good bit today. I ordered my lunch from Subway and picked it up on my way to get my shot. That is so easy and convenient - and their being in the old bank building on Federal Street is perfect - the drive-through window was already there and everything works smoothly. I bet you could even order at the window and someone would bring it out to you if you didn't have a chance to call ahead. They even have an easy number to remember - 748-1212. 

It's time to be thinking about filing your tax forms. Fred took care of all of this stuff and I think he enjoyed doing the tax returns every year. He was good with numbers - actually did some part-time work for H & R Block back in the day. It really isn't my thing, so I'm happy to have someone else do it for me. I like tax time - not the paying part, but it means spring is almost here.

Jamie was rejoicing tonight because there isn't any snow in the forecast for the next few days. This getting an inch or two every day has kept him really busy plowing the three driveways - his, mine and our neighbor's. Fred used to do them with the snow blower - I never calculated how many miles he walked behind that thing during a winter, but it was a lot! Jamie has two rigs - a truck plow and a tractor plow. Both have been invaluable this year - and he says he's still enjoying doing it - most of the time. I think it's getting a little tiresome right about now. I know I'll be happy not to have to shovel off the deck every morning for a few days. I'll still have to go out and measure the precipitation that is collected, bit that's no problem. Some mornings it's been really cold and windy, and absolutely no fun at all. Makes me wonder why I keep doing the CoCoRaHS measurements after 12 years. That's over 4,300 reports! I have only missed a few days during the time Fred was in the hospital in Boston. I was able to make a combined report whenever we went to Maine for a few days, so really didn't miss much then. I'm thinking it's probably time for me to retire . . . maybe. 

Stay healthy and safe. 


No comments:

AND THE WINNER IS . . . !

The winner of the 2024 Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest is Stuart Ramsdell of Danville. Stuart is retired and bought five tickets at Hastings ...