This message came from Susan Bouchard this afternoon:
The First Sunfish race for 2020 started and within ten minutes there was
thunder so the race was cancelled until next Sunday, July 5 at 1pm.
All sailors got home safely but wet!
Jamie, great job with the set up! We’ll have to do it again next Sunday.....unpredictable weather!
So there they were - racing down the pond and then Mother Nature intervened. There were a couple rumbles of thunder and at first fairly gentle showers, but then came a pretty steady soaking rain. It didn't last long enough to satisfy farmers and gardeners, but was enough to chase the sailors back to their respective homes. Better safe than sorry, and we are glad everyone is safe.
Sunday, June 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Milfoil Update
FROM BARRY CAHOON: To all who have selflessly and tirelessly volunteered their time on multiple occasions throughout this past summer and e...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...

No comments:
Post a Comment