I just got some very sad news this evening. Our dear friend and the fourth member of our West Danville hist book committee, Jane Hastings Larrabee, passed away at home today around noon. We are so sorry and will miss her very much. Our thoughts are with Garey and the family. Jane had been quite ill since sometime last fall and had spent several weeks in a nursing home. Very recently, the family brought her home to West Danville. I'm sure it was comforting for them all to have her back home especially since the COVID 19 scare might have prevented them from visiting or being with her at the nursing home. The community won't be the same without Jane; we will all miss her. Condolences may be sent to the family at P. O. Box 58, West Danville, VT 05873.
A few days ago I told you that Norma Cassani had passed away. At that time, I hadn't seen the obituary, but I found it on the Time-Argus website and here it is: LINK
These are stressful times for many of us. If you are feeling anxious and need to take a "time out," find a quiet spot with your laptop or other device, settle into a comfortable chair or stretch out on the sofa, close your eyes and listen to bird songs. Cousin Ora in Rhode Island sent a link to one that is fascinating to watch and listen to HERE; but if you want to just relax or meditate, you might try HERE. Trust me, it works!
Saturday, March 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment