Sunday, November 18, 2018

   We are enjoying a very pretty day today - lots of sunshine, at least early - it seems to be darkening a bit right now. However, Diane Rossi has confirmed there is once again open water in the middle of the big pond, but still ice around the shoreline. I think this will count as the first of probably three "freeze=overs" before it settles in for the duration, usually on the third freeze. We are expecting some cold nights next week and a little more snow each day, so our snow cover may stay, at least around the Joe's Pond area.
     We were out yesterday and the roads were fine. Lots of slush around, and mounds of snow where the plows have piled it up, but that will all settle. I'm guessing we have about ten to twelve inches of snow cover on the ground, but I haven't been out to actually measure it and I didn't get my measuring stick out before the snow came this year. I could dig to find the socket it fits into on the back lawn, but on the other hand, it is what it is, and measuring isn't going to change anything. If we get a warm spell, the snow goes and I can easily see the socket, I may put it out, but we'll see.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...