Wednesday, November 28, 2018

     This snow is hard to reconcile. On one level, it's absolutely beautiful clinging to the trees and sifting over us like fairy dust; but it's still a huge pain in the butt for so many of us. Right now I think most of us could use a little less of everything connected with snow.
     I just measured another 9.5 inches of new snow since yesterday morning. I was thinking of going out to measure on the flat of our back yard, but I'd have to get out my snowshoes, and that's another chore I'm not up for right now. I think one needs some repairs, so I'll get them out when I have the time (and inclination) to check them over. We haven't used them in at least two years, so I've kind of forgotten what was broken on one of mine, but I remember the frustration of having one fail when we were out in the woods.
     We are fortunate that we haven't lost our power for any extended period - so far. It went off for a couple of minutes last night, just long enough for us to start to fumble for a flashlight, and then it came back on. I found a flashlight to keep on the stand beside my chair, thinking that blip was just a warning and surely we'd be without power probably for the night, but that didn't happen. We reset the clocks, went to bed, and around 4:30 this morning I realized my bedside clock was blinking at me, so we knew the power had been off again. No harm done, and other than some very brief blinks this morning, the power remains on. Not everyone is that fortunate. The Vermont Outage Map shows Washington Electric has 3,320 outages and Green Mountain Power has 27,382.
     Hmmm. As I was checking the map showing outages, the power went off here. It was off for only a couple of minutes - but it's fair warning, I expect. So I'm going to post the pictures I took this morning and then go reset all the digital clocks. It's what we do at times like this!
     Stay warm and safe.



No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...