Sunday, September 23, 2018

Just a quick follow-up - we had our first white frost of the season last night. The low registered on my indoor-outdoor thermometer was exactly 32 degrees. I expect tonight may be another cold one - the wind has gone down with the sun, but it was a very pretty day, all day. Unfortunately, I have been at my computer all day working on the West Danville history. I intended to head out for a walk before the sun went behind the hill, but then got absorbed and now it's too late - and I'm hungry.
     I brought in all my plants about a week ago, knowing we were heading for frosty weather. Also, I have most of the outdoor summer furniture put away - all except some chairs on the deck that I hope we will still be able to enjoy using if/when the weather turns warm again. I do love my morning coffee on the deck!
     I have every confidence we'll have some very warm weather before snow flies. I think it's called "Indian Summer." I was curious about that term and looked it up the other day - low and behold, it is also sometimes used to describe life when we are older!! I guess that means I'm in my Indian Summer days. Not as pleasant a thought as whoever thought up that definition probably expected it would be, at least for those of us at that particular juncture of life.
I'm reminded of that wonderful Frank Sinatra song, "It Was A Very Good Year." Now I'll have that melody in my head for the rest of the evening . . . ! 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...