Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Long-term summer rental wanted

I know this is probably a large order, but I've been contacted by a Florida couple - both retired teachers who grew up in Vermont but miss it and want to be here for three or four months next summer so they are hoping to find a cottage or small house to rent. It doesn't have to be right on the water, but it would be nice to be close enough so getting to the water for swimming and enjoying the sun would be easy. They do not have or need a boat, but it would be a plus to have a view of the lake.
     There would be only the the two of them and their indoor cat. They have no children at home and there would be only limited visitors during the summer; they are non-smokers and responsible. They sold their home in Barre a while back and are homesick for Vermont in the summer. They would be willing to make a trip to Vermont this fall to meet with you or can supply references.
     I have been corresponding with Jeff for a while - they are friends of my good friend, David Book who taught school in Cabot for many years, and I think he and his wife Diane would be ideal house sitters/renters. So if you have a place that you would like to have occupied and taken care of next summer, or if you know of a place that might work for them, get in touch with Jeff. His email is jladd65@earthlink.net, or phone him at 352-394-2802.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...