Friday, August 24, 2018

I have never really understood why people take pictures of their food and send them to all their friends or whatever, but tonight we decided instead of trying to figure out something "good" for supper we'd try a pizza from the Cabot General Store. I could tell as soon as we opened the box it was going to be really good, and now I wish I had taken a picture to show you. 
     First of all, I like a nice thick crust. I know lots of people like thin crust pizza. Not me. I like crusts - regular pie crust, and bread crusts - that's another thing I could never understand, why would anyone want to cut off all the crust on bread to make sandwiches. Sure, they look pretty, but think of what you're missing! And I certainly don't understand why anyone would eat the part of a piece of pie that has the filling on it and leave the rest of the crust. Unless the crust was tough or burned, of course - rich, flaky pie crust is really good stuff even without some kind of filling on it.
     But back to our pizza. We get it with onions and peppers - and I have mushrooms on my half. No meat, no pineapple or exotic anything. Just the veggies, cheese and sauce. This one had A LOT of everything we asked for on it. So much that one slice would have been sufficient - but it tasted so good (with a glass of wine!) I ate two slices. I was kind of stuffed, but in a good way. (Those were big slices!) And we have leftovers. We decided one slice each would be plenty for lunch and we can enjoy it again tomorrow and Sunday.
     The price was VERY reasonable, especially for such a big pizza. The box was really big, and turns out they make the pizza to fit the box! 
     So there you have it.  We'll do that again.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...