Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Diane Rossi sent this picture of her view of the pond this morning:
     We've said in the pat that the pond will freeze over and open again usually three times before it freezes and stays solid until spring.  However, if I remember correctly, it froze last year about this time and never opened again until spring.  The next couple of days will be warmer, but whether it probably won't change the water temperature much.  Got your Ice-Out Contest tickets yet?  If not, get in touch with Diane or me - or stop by Hastings store.  We still have plenty of tickets!
     By the way, it's 16 degrees this morning - had a low of about 14 last night.  At least it's still ABOVE zero!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...