I have just received word that Henretta Splain and others will be doing the loon count with Eric Hanson. Henretta said they did it last year, but apparently the website hadn't been updated - or perhaps Eric hadn't confirmed with them. However, all is settled, and our loons will be counted.
I believe there are two families - one in the first two ponds consisting of two adults and two chicks; the second in the big pond, consisting of two adults and one chick. However, occasionally there will be a single bird roaming around, so it will be interesting to have an official count.
Enjoy the fireworks tonight - the weather still looks promising, but it will probably be cool out on the water, so dress accordingly.
Monday, July 03, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment