The snow started early this a.m. and by 9 when I went out to measure, we had only 1/2 inch, but it's snowing quite hard and steadily, and it's cold, so it's going to build up - up to perhaps over two feet, according to forecasts. Right now the snow is falling straight down - no wind at all, and it looks very peaceful out there. Being this cold (20 degrees now) when the wind does pick up, the snow will be very light and that will mean blizzard conditions with lots of drifting and poor visibility.
I heard from Carol Byrd this morning that her mother-in-law, Ethel, passed away on Sunday. Ethel was 96 and died at Woodridge Nursing Home, but had been living with Carol and Larry here at Joe's Pond and in Florida for the past five years. If you wish to send condolences to Larry and Carol, their address is: 249 Jasper St., Largo FL 33770.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
This week turned out to be a doozie for me. I had anticipated going for a follow-up on my knee on Monday, but instead ended up in the ER at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment